© JTK.CA
Tad “JTK.CA” NudistPoet
NudeCreations.com
© Jonathan Tad Ketchen
TadCreations.com
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
NudistPoet.com

519-­830-4812
Tad@NudistPoet.com

2005-07-08

I'D TURN TO JELLY IN YOUR WORLD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TadCreations.com
Copyright © JONATHAN TAD KETCHEN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leave me alone
With my delusions of grandeur.
No innovator has been popular
In his own time,
Mocked by statements such as:

**********"How are you going to support yourself?"

**********"There's not much money to be made
***************in that field."

**********"You can do that on the side,
**********But you need a bread & butter job!"

No innovator has been popular in his own time...
Until the day of his success.
Then the mockers praise.
The fools become wise.
They swarm like bees to pollen,
Making honey from a new idea once thought too original.

So leave me alone
With my delusions of grandeur.
I'm not a member of a carbon copy human race.
I'd turn to jelly in your world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tad's Note: Believe it or not, this poem was inspired by STAR WARS:
EPISODE VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI
. One of my favourite lines comes
just after Han Solo is thawed from his state of Carbonite Freezing.
Through his grunts and roars, Chewie informs Han that Luke has
become a Jedi knight. Incredulously, Han responds, "A Jedi knight? I'm
out of it for a little while...everybody gets delusions of grandeur."

The phrase, "delusions of grandeur," inspired this poem.

No comments: