© JTK.CA
Tad “JTK.CA” NudistPoet
NudeCreations.com
© Jonathan Tad Ketchen
TadCreations.com
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
NudistPoet.com

519-­830-4812
Tad@NudistPoet.com

2008-06-11

"THE GRAVEYARD OF DREAMS" by JTK.CA

"THE GRAVEYARD OF DREAMS" by JTK.CA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words tumble down the slope of hopelessness--
A cacophony of concussive crashes,
Boulders of truth
Broken into stones
The further down they go,
Until "dust returns to dust"--
Not a metaphor, but a reality.

Now buried in the graveyard of dreams,
All my hopes and fears lie silently
And they lied to me for all my years
On Earth,
My place of birth
And death.

Entombed in silence,
My bones only amplify my emptiness.

When will my resurrection come?
I know it will, but when?
I have to know, I need to know, just so I can know.
But that's a secret date on God's calendar
Known only to him,
A mystery even to Jesus,
Who simply waits patiently for our Father's appointed time,
Unlike I.

Even these words will turn to nothing
And join the dust I have become.
Then someday, out of the darkness,
Oblivious to any lost time,
I will breathe my first breath...
Again...
And forevermore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Copyright © JTK.CA

No comments: