© JTK.CA
Tad “JTK.CA” NudistPoet
NudeCreations.com
© Jonathan Tad Ketchen
TadCreations.com
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
NudistPoet.com

519-­830-4812
Tad@NudistPoet.com

2005-05-12

TRYING

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TadCreations.com
Copyright © JONATHAN TAD KETCHEN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trying to find myself
(Trapped among the cynics and the sinners)
Gets me down,
And I wonder why
Today's favourite expression is a frown.

Trying to find myself
And to recapture the glory
Of a life in Christ.
But people, including myself,
Think it's just the same old story.

Trying to find a
New interpretation of the obvious
Is as pointless as
Failing to fall in love with my Saviour.

Christ, I think that I
Will just give up this trying,
Because I see You're crying.
I have tried to step away
From the cynics and the sinners,
Only to discover I am one of them.

Son of Man, You know I tire of cliché Christianity.
I want to see You in new ways.
But please save me from rationalizing You away.

I thank You, with all my heart,
That my confusion
Is not grounds for dismissal
From Your kingdom
And that my faith stands firm
On the Rock of My Salvation,
Not on the rock in my head.

No comments: